A French version is available at my store
Earth and Moon’s rotation and revolution activity
** All images, illustrations, texts and visual presentations are originals. I am the creator. Please respect the copyrights.
This activity was created for a class of teenagers with intellectual disabilities according to the PACTE and CAPS programs of Quebec’s ministry of education. None the less, it is also a fun activity for elementary school students.
It can be used in different subjects:
- Science (astronomy)
- English (reading and reading comprehension)
- Manual dexterity
In this activity, you will find:
- An animated PowerPoint presentation on the rotation and revolution of the Earth and the Moon;
- A PDF version (without the animations) of the presentation for those who do not have the PowerPoint software;
- A summary for the students;
- A series of questions concerning the presentation including the answers;
- An arts and crafts activity to construct a symbolic model of Earth and Moon’s revolution. (I took the inspiration from lots of similar activities that exist. I took the liberty to recreate it with a more esthetic approach by creating original drawings);
- A Black and White version of the model for the students to color and construct.
- A projection device (Canon, computer, interactive whiteboard, etc.) for the PowerPoint presentation;
- Paper fastener brads for the model’s construction (2 per model);
- Cardstock to print the models. You can use regular paper, but the result is better and more durable when a heavier paper is used;
- Coloring material (crayons) and scissors.