Also included in
- If you are overwhelmed or intimidated by teaching Astronomy or Space Science you are in luck! This bundle of resources includes everything you could ever ask for: lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, student notes, practice questions, formative assessment pieces, and creative activities. BONUS: A$140.00$170.00Save $30.00
- I LOVE Astronomy! One of my life's missions is to help more people understand the wonders of space and appreciate the Earth. I hope these Astronomy resources will find a home in your classroom and spark curiosity and excitement in your students.This zipped folder will include all of my present and$185.00$236.50Save $51.50
Everything you need to teach about astronomers that have changed our understanding of the solar system! This bundle of resources includes a lesson plan, PowerPoint, student notes, practice questions and a timeline of astronomers – almost everything is editable! Through this lesson students will learn about the incredible observations of early astronomers that allowed for the prediction of astronomical events; the prevalence of Plato and Ptolemy's geocentric model; the discoveries and development of the heliocentric model through the works of Copernicus, Galileo and Kepler; and how the invention of the telescope led to great discoveries after the Renaissance era.
Student learning goals for the Revolutionary Astronomers Lesson:
- explain the importance of the contributions of prominent astronomers (e.g. Copernicus, Galileo, Newton).
- compare the geocentric and heliocentric models.
- understand the timeline of astronomical discoveries: how earlier cultures were able to predict patterns, through to the development of modern technology.
This lesson can be split across a couple of days depending on the length of your class period.
Please examine the images and preview above to see how this resource can help you and your students.
In the zipped file, you will receive:
★ 2-page lesson plan (PDF and editable Microsoft Word).
★ 29-slide editable PowerPoint presentation with hyperlinks to YouTube videos.
★ 4-page editable student notes plus 2 pages of homework (PDF and editable Microsoft Word) that coordinate with the PowerPoint in a fill-in-the-blank style. There are 8 homework/practice questions (4 pages of notes, 2 pages of homework questions). A teacher version with blanks filled in is also provided in both file types.
★ 21 pages of editable task cards that can be used as formative assessments. 8 pages of quick checks to be used during class and 8 pages of retrieval practice questions to be later in the unit. For ease of use, these are included as all-different on a page, and all-the-same on a page (PDF file and editable PowerPoint file so you can add your own too!).
★ Revolutionary Astronomers Timeline Activity. Students choose one (or more) astronomers from the 60 astronomers provided. Students research the astronomers to determine their contribution to our understanding of space. As a follow-up, students can construct a timeline of the astronomers to display in the classroom, answer a reflection question, or (may fave option) create a March Madness style bracket to determine the most influential astronomer of all time! 18-page PDF.
ALMOST ALL RESOURCES ARE EDITABLE: The PowerPoint, lesson plans, student and teacher notes, homework, and bell ringers are all editable. Only the Revolutionary Astronomers Timeline activity is a non-editable PDF file to adhere to copyright.
This lesson can further be supported by the Revolutionary Astronomers Doodle Note.
If you are interested in using the doodle notes with these lessons your best value is to purchase the Astronomy Growing Bundle. This bundle includes all the lessons, PowerPoint presentations, practice and activities as well as all the doodle notes and anchor charts. When additional lessons are added, you can be notified by following my store.
You can see the other resources in the Astronomy all-in-one Lesson Bundle by clicking the links below. Please follow my store for notifications when new resources are added to the bundle.