I used this project during Common Core ELA 7 Unit 4 "Waves of Change" in which students read historical fiction novels focused on revolution.
- Understand the nature of symbols and how they are used
- Communicate complex ideas through the visual art medium
- Present your symbol to the class
1. Creation of Symbol: After researching the causes, results, and other vital information about your chosen revolution, the next step is to explore the process of creating a symbol. As you create, you will need to consider the impact of such a symbol on public perception.
2. Presentation of Symbol: You will present your symbol to the class explaining the meaning behind the visual.