Students research and write an informative compositions on 6 Revolutionary War Heroes. They will analyze George Washington, Paul Revere, Betsy Ross, Abigail Adams, Samuel Adams, and Patrick Henry and their role in the American Revolution. An informative reading passage, note taking outlines, and blank writing page is included for each person. Multiple Common Core Standards and Texas TEKS Writing objectives are supported. In addition, a page is included in which students reflect and respond to 4 prompts as if they were the Revolutionary War hero. This could be used for fast finishers or as an extension to the research.
Revolutionary War Research
Included per project:
* 1 Reading Passages
* 3 Outlines / Graphic Organizer for Note-taking
~ 1 outline provides topics
~ 1 outline is blank / students provide topics and subtopics
* 1 Composition Pages
* 1 Reflections Page
* 1 Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* American History Museum
* Writing Contest
* Introduction to Research
* Students in grades 4-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 3-5
* Any verbally advanced student
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Similar products can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
Researching Harriett Tubman
Researching Presidents' Day
Veterans' Day Math
If You Sailed on the Mayflower Math