This comprehensive research report is for your students to organize, create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess their Revolutionary War report. This template can be used to complete their formal report or it can be utilized as a study guide to develop their report for them to complete on a computer or device. We encourage you to have your students use a wide variety of resources to gather the necessary information to complete this report. This packet is designed for you to pick and choose the parts of the report that you’d like to use, or just use it all! This packet contains the following:
• Two cover pages- one in color and one in grayscale
• Two graphic organizers to categorize and classify, as well as compare and contrast the similarities and differences between the Colonial Army and the British Army
• 30 Vocabulary Words related to the Revolutionary War. Templates are provided to define the word and illustrate the word. (a blank template is also provided for you to add any additional vocabulary words that you would like to add to provided scaffolding for students who need it).
• A Revolutionary War “Timeline” Chart- Students will develop a chart to write about the key events, battles, campaigns, or turning points of the Revolutionary War. Students will list the date(s), event, and a short description. Students will use as many pages as needed
• 23 Text dependent questions with a full page for response
• Critical Thinking Activities and Questions- Essential questions and application activities to demonstrate comprehension of the war at higher levels of thinking
• Graphic Organizer to organize information for biographies on key people associated with the Revolutionary War
• A one page “biography” for the 32 key people related to the war. People included are: Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, George Cornwallis, Benedict Arnold, Nathanael Greene, Paul Revere, Henry Knox, James Madison, James Armistead, Chief Logan, Thayendanegea or Joseph Brant, Tadeusz Kosciuszko, John Paul Jones, Benjamin Franklin, Deborah Sampson, John Hancock, Abigail Adams, Sam Adams, Molly Pitcher, Marquis de Lafayette, Martha Washington, John Adams, Phillis Wheatley, Ethan Allen, Mercy Otis Warren, Comte de Grasse, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Comte de Rochambeau, Friedrich von Steuben, Elizabeth Freeman, Betsy Ross, Nathan Hale
• A page to have your students create an illustration a noteworthy scene or picture of the war
• Two “Additional Information” sheet for students to add information
• A blank page to add to any of the questions where students need more room to respond.
• A page to help your students find information for their report.
• A “Finding Information” page
• Two types of “Note Taking” pages for students to take notes and a note taking page in bullet format. Copy as needed.
• Resource pages and Bibliography Template- We use the Resource Page templates because my students are not ready to learn the rules of a true bibliography, but if you teach bibliography skills I have included a template for you.
• Rubrics- Performance Task for the Written Report
• Editing and Revising Checklist.
• Teacher Notes and Ideas.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
Common Core Respiratory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Volcano Research Report
Earthquake Research Report
Ecology Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Planets-Solar System Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Human Body Systems Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Volcano Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Earthquake Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
enVision Math Fifth Grade Math Vocabulary Full Year Bundle
enVision 5th Grade Common Core 2012 Cloze-Crossword Puzzle Vocab Bundle
Journeys 5th Grade Language Arts Reading Full Year Bundle Units 1-6
Journeys Common Core 5th Grade Unit 1-6 Supplemental Materials 2014 Edition
State Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Thirteen Colonies Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Human Body Digestive Excretory System Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Human Body Circulatory System Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Human Body Respiratory System Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
California Gold Rush Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Reading Graphic Organizers For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Copyright 2016 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺