With a partner, students work all four problems on a placemat. After both students agree on the answers for the problems on the page, they then add the answers together to find the “Sum”. The teacher easily and quickly checks the “Sum” to evaluate the students’ understanding and allows the students to know if they made a mistake.
Print several copies of the placemat on one color of paper and slide them into plastic page protectors. The students can use dry erase markers on the plastic and easily wipe off their work when finished. Sometimes I’ve printed two different placemats with similar topics, each on their own color of paper, and slid them back-to-back into the plastic page protectors.
You might also like:
• Solve Linear Equations Placemat Activities (5 pack)
• Write and Rewrite Linear Equations Placemat Activities (7 pack)
• Systems of Linear Equations Placemat Activities (8 pack)
• Find Slope & Y-Intercept Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Point-Slope, Slope-Intercept & Standard Form Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
• Parallel & Perpendicular Lines Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
• Graph Linear Equations Problems Pass Activity (12 problems)
• Solve Systems of Linear Equations Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
• Linear Graphs Scavenger Hunt Activity (6 stations)
• Write Linear Equations From Context Problem Pass Activity (6 problems)
• Write Systems of Linear Inequalities Problem Pass Activity (6 problems)
• Solve Quadratic Equations Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Absolute Value Functions Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
• Quadratic Functions Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
This product is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.