Twelve rounds include practice or review rewriting linear equations from standard form into slope-intercept form
and from point-slope form or slope-intercept form into standard form
with integer coefficients.
***GET THIS PRODUCT AS PART OF A MONEY-SAVING BUNDLE***
Algebra 1 Problem Pass Activities Bundle (37 Activities)
Students work with a partner while seated at their desks. They should write in their own notebook or on the blank Answer Sheet (included).
At the same time the first pair of students is working on Problem 1, the second pair works on Problem 2, the third pair works on Problem 3, etc. At the teacher’s signal, all students pass their problem in a specific direction. The students who started with Problem 2 should now pass it to the students who started with Problem 1, the students who started with Problem 3 pass it to the students who started with Problem 2, etc. The first pair of students starting with Problem 1 should deliver their finished problem to the last pair of students, or the teacher may prefer to deliver these each time. Students now flip over their new page to find the ANSWER to the problem they just finished.
Students continue to work problems in order, pass problems and check their answers on the back of the next problem page until they have completed all problems included in the activity.
It is important for the teacher to tell the entire class when to pass their first problem and to tell everyone where to look for the first answer on the back of their NEXT problem. After this first pass together, I’ve allowed students to work and pass problems at their own pace. Teachers may prefer to set a timer so all students pass their current problem to the next pair of students simultaneously.
This activity works well in the middle of a lesson while students are actively practicing a new skill or can be used as a review.
The answer key is built into the activity so students check for accuracy themselves.
CCSS: Create equations that describe numbers or relationships.
HSA.CED.A.4 Rearrange formulas to highlight a quantity of interest, using the same reasoning as in solving equations.
Print single-sided copies and slide pages into plastic page protectors to keep problems and answers together. Put Problem 1 and ANSWER Problem 12 back-to-back in the same plastic page protector; put Problem 2 and ANSWER Problem 1 back-to-back in another plastic page protector, Problem 3 and ANSWER Problem 2 together, etc. Prepare 2 or more complete sets of the activity to have enough pages for each pair of students in the class. Keep complete sets in order.
It is very important to hand out problems in numerical order so the page with the answer on the back follows its problem number. As you hand out problems in order, problem side up, tell each pair of students the direction they should pass their problem when finished. This direction may vary by row if you zig-zag or “snake” up and down the rows of desks. The first pair of students starting with Problem 1 should deliver their finished problems to the last pair of students, or you may prefer to deliver these each time.
(Optional) Print enough copies of the blank Answer Sheet for each student to use as they work the problems. Another option is for students to write in their own notebooks.
Included in the package:
• Twelve “Problem Pass” pages
• Answer pages for students to self-check
• Blank answer sheet for students (optional)
• Answer Key for Teacher
You might also like:
• Find Slope & Y-Intercept Sum It Up Activity (7 stations)
• Find Slope & Write Linear Equations Given Two Points Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Rewrite Linear Equations Into Slope-Intercept Form & Standard Form Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Point-Slope, Slope-Intercept & Standard Form Sum It Up Activity (8 stations)
• Parallel & Perpendicular Lines Sum It Up Activity (6 stations)
• Write Linear Equations From Context Problem Pass Activity (6 rounds)
• Write Linear Equations In Context & Mixed Review Placemat Activities (2 activities)
• Write Linear Equations From Graphs Quiz Quiz Trade Activity (30 cards)
• Find Slope From Graphs Quiz Quiz Trade Activity (30 cards)
• Linear Equations In Point-Slope Form Quiz Quiz Trade Activity (30 cards)
• Write Linear Equations From Graphs Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Write Linear Equations From Tables, Points & Graphs Problem Pass Activity (12 rounds)
• Write Linear Equations From Tables Problem Pass Activity (8 rounds)
• Write Linear Equations From Graphs Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Write Linear Equations Given Points Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Write Linear Equations From Tables Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Write Linear Equations From Context Relay Activity (6 rounds)
• Rewrite Linear Equations in Standard and Slope-Intercept Form Relay Activity (6 rounds)
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.