These activities are to supplement a unit on rhetorical appeals and logical fallacies. Prior to this, students should be introduced to ethos, pathos, and logos, and a sampling of logical fallacies (suggestions: hasty generalization, faulty emotional appeal, misuse of statistics, faulty appeal to authority, ad hominem, slippery slope). These materials focus on the application of those concepts to the play 12 Angry Men.
Included are the following:
• Prereading activity with the opening lines
• Selection of quotes for analysis from Act 1
• Passage for close analysis for Act 1 with answer key
• Identifying claims in Act 2 Worksheet
• Identifying evidence to support claims for Act 3
• Quiz with answer key
*Note: This packet contains some of the same materials that are posted separately on my store for 12 Angry Men. If you are looking for activities for every act of the play, then I recommend purchasing this entire bundle of materials instead of the individual worksheets.