Teach students how to analyze rhetoric with this complete unit bundle! Perfect for personalizing or differentiating learning as it provides a great deal of voice and choice for your learners!
Analyzing arguments can be challenging for students; however, this step-by-step method will make this skill clear and easy while creating an in-depth analysis! Everything to teach rhetoric, rhetorical devices, and logical fallacies is included. Show your students how to analyze the rhetoric/fallacies/message/language of any author’s argument. Students will then be able to draft a complete rhetorical analysis essay. The graphic organizers provided will support students in every step of this process!
Combines the following four complete units!
1. Ethos, Pathos, Logos Unit Bundle
2. Logical Fallacies Unit Bundle
3. Ethos, Pathos, Logos and Logical Fallacies Bell Ringer Activities
4. Argument Analysis Lesson and Rhetorical Analysis Essay Lesson
- PowerPoint and Google Presentation on rhetoric and logical fallacies
- PowerPoint Presentation and Google Presentation to introduce this step-by-step method for the rhetorical analysis essay.
- Analyzing rhetoric graphic organizer
- Lesson plans for each of the three units
- Complete Unit plan for all four teacher packs/units.
- Lesson plans on teaching close reading strategies with these arguments/speeches
- Google Apps Links to Google Presentations and Google Documents
- Word, PowerPoint, and PDF documents included.
- Bell Ringer Practice for Ethos, Pathos, Logos and Logical Fallacies
- Links to quality speeches and arguments to close read and analyze.
Links to the following documents are provided for close reading analysis:
• Frederick Douglass Speech
• Abraham Lincoln’s "Gettysburg Address"
• Abraham Lincoln "Second Inaugural Address"
• Letter to Albert G. Hodges
• Martin Luther King Jr. “The March on Washington Address"
• Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. “Letter from a Birmingham Jail"
• William Faulkner Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech, 1949
• "The Sinews of Peace-Iron Curtain Speech"
• “Brandenburg Gate Address” Ronald Reagan
• 13 Famous Speeches by Women's Rights Activists
Great test prep!
Follow my store by clicking on the link at the top of the page for updates, announcements, and fun freebies! You can also find me on Pinterest
, and Facebook
Other Analyzing Rhetoric Lessons to Consider:
Analyzing Arguments with Dr. King's Letter from a Birmingham Jail
Ethos, Pathos, Logos- The Three Pillars of Persuasion
Logical Fallacies made Easy!
Rhetoric- Ethos/Pathos/Logos Bell Ringer Activities!
Rhetorical Analysis-Analyzing an Author's Argument
Save money with these UNIT BUNDLES!
Analyze Arguments: King's Letter from a Birmingham Jail- COMPLETE UNIT BUNDLE!