Also included in
- Increase student understanding with hands-on and engaging rhetorical analysis resources. This analysis unit includes many rhetoric resources including complete lessons and activities. Rhetorical Analysis with Sticky NotesThis lesson includes:an editable, 87-slide PowerPoint for teaching rhetorical$36.99$52.99Save $16.00
- Engage your students all year long with analysis sticky note units. You and your students will analyze literature, rhetoric and nonfiction, and poetry.This bundle includes:Literary Analysis with Sticky Notes: Activities, Writing, and PowerPointRhetorical Analysis Unit with Sticky Notes: Activities,$47.99$68.00Save $20.01
Increase student engagement and understanding with this rhetorical analysis unit. This unit includes an editable PowerPoint presentation with an entire week of direct instruction for rhetorical analysis, a sample speech to analyze with your students, and materials and writing assignments to use with any speech!
Your students will love these interactive and hands-on close reading organizers and scaffolded writing responses. Students will enjoy using sticky notes in class as they analyze complex speeches and nonfiction texts.
This sticky note rhetorical analysis unit is a great way to help students learn to thoroughly analyze text.
This lesson includes:
- an editable, 87-slide PowerPoint for teaching rhetorical analysis (with definitions and examples)
- 18 rhetorical analysis organizers
- 9 writing prompts with outlines
- 2 grading rubrics
- teacher instructions
- a sample week lesson plan
- three included speeches
- suggested speeches for further instruction
The PowerPoint includes these teachable slides:
- tone words
- the rhetorical triangle
- rhetorical tropes
- rhetorical schemes
- rhetorical question
- parallel structure
*This unit was designed to be used in a high school classroom and it is rigorous enough for AP Language and Composition students. Also, since the direct instruction PowerPoint is editable and there are a variety of organizers, this unit is also suitable to use in the middle school classroom with minimal modification.
This unit includes almost all of the resources you will need for a complete rhetorical analysis unit. You will need to choose and provide additional text you read in class to make your own unit come to life. With a little prep work and all of the materials in this unit, you will teach the best rhetorical analysis unit ever!
**Updated 12/12/2020 to correct minor errors and typos
This resource is bundled!
The included PDF pages are secured and not editable.