Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Let's face it, sometimes our rhetoric units aren't the most engaging ones of the year. Students often get bored quickly with historical speeches and other dry informative texts. While it is important to teach these valuable documents, students will definitely appreciate some relevant and exciting teaching materials too. This set of 7 different movie speeches contains the perfect resources you need to get your students actively engaged with persuasive language techniques. By interacting with iconic films, old and new, students will be able to successfully annotate and analyze rhetoric in a way that is academic, real world applicable, and fun all at the same time.
Iconic Speeches from 7 Popular Movies, Including:
1. Coach Boone’s Speech from Remember the Titans
2. Coach Lengyel’s Speech from We Are Marshall (some minor language, edited on worksheet)
3. The U.S President’s Speech from Armageddon
4. William Wallace’s Speech from Braveheart
5. Dumbledore’s Speech from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
6. President Snow’s Speech from Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
7. Diana’s Last Monologue from Wonder Woman
Each speech contains 2 worksheets, which include:
***Detailed Answer Keys provided for EACH speech!!***
There are many versatile ways to include this resource in your rhetoric unit! I hope you and your students enjoy!
Check out my similar product for Rhetorical Devices!
Also Available as a BUNDLE!
Need a comprehensive introduction lesson for rhetoric?
Keywords: rhetoric, rhetorical appeals, rhetorical analysis, movie speeches, speeches, speech, ethos, pathos, logos, rhetorical arguments, SOAPSTONE, rhetorical purpose, tone, informational text, pop culture, multimedia, argument, persuasive language, worksheets, printables, handouts