Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
28.04 MB | N/A pages
This zip file contains the materials for a rhetorical triangle and appeals unit. It was specifically designed for an AP English Language and Composition course.
This file contains the following:
- PowerPoint notes for the rhetorical triangle, logos, ethos, and pathos
- Analysis triangle practice using Ronald Reagan's Challenger Address
- Analysis triangle practice using Barack Obama's Umpqua Shooting Address *NEW*
- Analysis ethos practice using Queen Elizabeth's speech about the Spanish Armada
- Analysis logos practice using "Aint' I a Woman?" by Sojourner Truth with key
- Logos exercises on syllogisms and enthymemes with keys
- Magazine ad group project assignment
- Radio ad group project assignment
- Famous speeches analysis stations
- The Rhetoric of 9/11 lesson with video clips
- Movie speeches viewing assignment (watch several YouTube ready video clips and analyze claim, speaker/audience, and primary appeal; normally we discuss after each clip and they turn in the final one for a grade)
- 50 question multiple choice test on all the covered material with key
- Audience exercises and "General History of Virginia" Analysis adapted from Ann Rudkin *NEW*
- General Unit Plan *NEW*
With this unit, I've also used Orwell's "On Shooting an Elephant" and MLK's "Letter from Birmingham Jail" to help students better understand the appeals, but those materials are not my original work.
All documents are Microsoft Word or Microsoft PowerPoint.
The free preview includes a sample of questions from the multiple choice test and it's in Word format.