Rhyme Board Game: This game has been designed to help students develop rhyme whilst having fun. Great for literacy centers!
***IF YOU PLAN ON PURCHASING THE RHYME TIME BUNDLE, PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ITEM AS IT IS PART OF THE BUNDLE. THANK YOU ***
This fun alien themed board game involves the players rolling rhyme dice and matching their throw with rhyme cards as they move around the board. 4 rhyme dice included.
Rhyming Matches in this game:
bunny, sunny / bone, cone / pie,tie / boat, coat / rake, cake / gate, late / chair, hair / balloon, moon / skirt, shirt / art, heart / hatch, catch / bug, hug / cat, hat / bee, tree / boy, toy / car, star / mouse, house / dog, frog / fish, dish / hero, zero / rocket, pocket / shell, bell / boot, hoot / ring, king.
How to Play
* The first player rolls the red rhyme die (as the start square is red). The player finds the card in the matching pile that rhymes with the word thrown on the red rhyme die. Other players can check answer if unsure using the answer codes.
* If correct, the player rolls the number die and moves the number of squares shown on the die. It is now the next player’s turn. If the rhyme match was wrong, the player does not throw the number die. Their turn is over.
* As the players move around the board, they throw the rhyme die of the color they are on currently.
* If a player lands on a happy alien, they roll the number die again. If a player lands on a sad alien , they stop and miss one turn.
* The first person to the finish line is the winner.
If you like this game, you may like Rhyme Time Games and Activity Bundle. Additional games and worksheets included at discount price!
Rhyme Time Games and Activity Bundle
Please note, this download has been made on A4 paper. Please change your page scaling to 'fit to printable area' for US letter size paper. I will update this file as soon as I can. Print a page from the preview before purchasing if you are concerned. Thank you!
Lots of fun! Thanks so much, Jean