Poems are so important for children! They teach rhyme, repetition, letters and sounds, directionality, and more! I introduce a new poem each week on Monday and students are encouraged to read the poem each morning to each other. Here's what's included in this pack:
- over 69 poems (divided by month - at least 5 per month)
- complete printables and instructions for a Rhyme and Chime book for students to take home
- ideas and activities for each month
Here is what the poems in each month focus on:
- September: back to school, apples, safety, "I am special"
- October: pumpkins, Halloween, Thanksgiving, spiders
- November: leaves, fall/autumn, peace, scarecrows
- December: Santa, reindeer, trees, star
- January: winter, snow, snowmen, penguins
- February: Valentine's Day, Groundhog Day, friendship
- March: wind, St. Patrick's Day, spring, kites
- April: Easter, spring, rain, planting
- May: Mother's Day, butterflies, caterpillars, rainbows, flowers
- June: water, summer, sunshine, Father's Day
BONUS! I also included 5 poems that teach students about counting (1:1 correspondence, subitizing, cardinality).
***Please be sure to download the PREVIEW to see all that is included.***
(Every poem that is not original has the author's name printed under the title, if known. Many poems are common and well-known.)
Please come and visit me!
Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class