Bring your lessons to life and capture your students’ attention with this cute interactive resource. It has been created as an activity to use on the Promethean board to help your students practice rhyming skills you have previously taught. It also provides practice for reading long vowels words. It can be used as a whole-class or small group activity.
What’s included in this resource:
• Three separate flipcharts, each set containing 10 slides.
- Rhyming Apes: Set 1 contains long vowel words in the CVCV format with the silent e at the end.
- Rhyming Sheep: Set 2 contains long vowel words with regular vowel digraphs ai, ay, ee, ea and oa.
- Rhyming Sheep: Set 3 contains long vowel words with regular vowel digraphs ie, ue, oe, ui and y.
• PDF worksheets to go along with each lesson. An answer sheet is also included.
The teacher reads the question on each slide and the student finds the animal that has the correct rhyming word. He/she moves it to the animal’s home and if the answer is correct, the animal will make a sound. If not, the child puts it back and tries again. Your class will enjoy hearing the ape screech, the sheep bleat and the fly buzz every time they are correct!