Bring your lessons to life and capture your students’ attention with this cute interactive resource. It has been created as an activity to use on the Promethean board to help your students practice rhyming skills you have previously taught. It also provides practice for reading short vowels words. It can be used as a whole-class or small group activity.
What’s included in this resource:
• Three separate flipcharts, each set containing 10 slides.
- Rhyming Pigs: Set 1 contains short vowel words in the CVC format.
- Rhyming Frogs: Set 2 contains short vowel words using consonant blends in the CCVC, CVCC and CCVCC formats.
- Rhyming Chicks: Set 3 contains short vowel words using consonant digraphs & blends in the CCVC, CVCC and CCVCC formats.
• PDF worksheets to go along with each lesson. An answer sheet is also included.
The teacher reads the question on each slide and the student finds the animal that has the correct rhyming word. He/she moves it to the animal’s home and if the answer is correct, the animal will stay there and make a sound. If not, it will pop back to its place and the student tries again. Your class will enjoy hearing the pig grunt, the frog croak and the chick cheep every time they are correct!