This sample of my Rhyming Games and Activities has several examples of what the full set of 10 resources offers.
The theme of this sample is SNAIL and the -ail word family. Included in the sample are:
1. 1 rhyming words poster (from the set of 10.)
2. 1 poem with Elkonin box format for rhymes (from the set of 10), as well as a listening mat and manipulatives.
3. 9 playing card pairs (from the deck of 124 cards / 62 pairs. All the sample pairs are A vowels)
About the poems:
My firm belief in the usefulness of Elkonin boxes to help emerging readers identify what they hear inspired me to expand the concept to rhymes and poems.
These simple, 4-line poems have very obvious rhymes at the end of each line. Each of the 10 poems is about a concrete object, and uses images of that object as a manipulative. (The only exception is a ghost named “Sue,” where you’re listening for zoo, two, and boo.)
TO USE: Show student the image, identify the object shown (for example: “I see a duck! Can you say ‘duck’?) and explain that you’re going to read a poem.
“This poem uses rhyming words, and we’re going to listen for words that sound like ‘duck.’ When you hear a word with the same ending as ‘duck,’ put a picture of the duck in this box.”
The 10 poems are available as a stand-alone purchase:
Rhyming Activities - 10 Poems with Elkonin Box format for rhymes
A better value is the Rhyming Games and Activities - 10 resources for elementary instruction set
, which includes the poems plus 9 other items.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Look for the green star below "Made by Jen Strange" at the top right of the page:
click it to become a follower.
- You will then receive customized email updates about this store, as well as follower messages (with exclusive freebies!)