Working Words are instructional activities to help teach young students about different kinds of words when learning to read, write, and spell. Working Word packets are aligned to the Common Core Standards and differentiated for student abilities.
The motivating activities in this packet help to teach emerging readers about rhyming words. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of rhyming words with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity
3. A poster to help students remember rhyming words when reading and writing
4. Two original songs for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "Cool School Rhymes" to introduce and practice rhyming
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A game for partners or small groups
8. A worksheet to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A fun game for enrichment
The materials in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Working Word packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila