Rhyming words are the focus of this phonemic awareness resource. Includes materials for both short- and long-vowel rhyming patterns. These activities work well for centers or independent practice. Includes:
• Short Vowel Rhyming Words Cards - 42 picture/word cards featuring short vowel words. These can be used to play concentration, as a simple matching activity, or for instruction.
• Long Vowel Rhyming Words Cards - 30 picture/word cards featuring long vowel words.
• Short Vowel Rhyming Strips - 15 strips and 30 picture cards. Each strip features a short vowel word and picture in the first box. Students must find the two rhyming word cards to complete each strip.
• Long Vowel Rhyming Strips - 11 strips and 22 picture cards featuring long vowel words.
• Rhyming Word Family Flip Books - 9 little books that students put together to practice reading cvc rhyming words.
• Worksheets - 5 short vowels worksheets (one for each vowel) that ask students to color the pictures that rhyme. 1 long vowel cut-and-paste worksheet (mixed vowel sounds) that asks students to cut out the pictures and glue underneath its rhyming match.
• Answer Keys
Other resources you might also like:
• Emergent Sight Word Readers
• Phoneme Substitution Centers
• Syllable Centers and Games
• Kindergarten Assessments for Math & Reading