This rhyming/word family unit is perfect for all levels of instruction for the students in your classroom.
This unit contains:
• 10 rhyme sorting mats and picture cards for those students that need more practice identifying rhyming words
• A 10 page interactive word family book for those students working on cvc words
• A rhyming board game – independent fun for all students
• A rhyming picture identification card for self-monitoring.
These activities/games are great to use as a small group lesson or independent practice used within a word work/abc center.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2a Recognize and produce rhyming words
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2c Blend and segment onsets and rimes of single-syllable spoken words.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2d Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words.1 (This does not include CVCs ending with /l/, /r/, or /x/.)
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2e Add or substitute individual sounds (phonemes) in simple, one-syllable words to make new words.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3a Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3d Distinguish between similarly spelled words by identifying the sounds of the letters that differ
"The Common Core Standards were written and developed by The National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. "
If you like these products please leave a positive comment to earn TpT credits.
Follow us by clicking on the star above to receive notifications about new products and sales.
Visit our blog at The Fun Factory Blog
If you have any questions or need help with this product please email us at email@example.com