Rhyming and Writing Activities for use with Dr. Seuss Sleep Book
This Literacy Activity pack has a variety of activities with little prep for use with Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book! This is perfect for March is Reading month OR to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday! Whether you read his books on his birthday or do an author study for a whole week or all month long, this pack includes fun and engaging activities to practice nonsense words, rhyming, writing and handwriting.
My goal was to create a resource that that could be used many ways - whole group, small group, as a center, morning work, or for early finishers - and some of the activities even work with many of Dr. Seuss's books!
- Nonsense creature classroom book title page and individual page – create your own nonsense creature (for example, My creature is a elephant/cat.)
- How I get ready for bed writing page
- Blank writing page
- Real word and nonsense word sort (search and find in the book)
- Rhyming sort page (2 pages)
- 32 Rhyming word cards (16 pairs) - match one yellow word card with a word that rhymes with a teal word card
★ Pick and choose which pages you want to do, print, and you're all set! Print the rhyming cards on cardstock and laminate for durability.
For another activity, you can find my Literacy Activities for use with Dr. Seuss ABC Book here.
Check out my St. Patrick's Day Math & Literacy Pack for 20 pages of absolutely NO PREP activities!
Don't forget to follow my store for notification of new products and sales!
Thank you for all you do!