Also included in
- Looking for a great bundle of resources to teach the Nutcracker in music class? Here it is! This bundle includes a digital storybook for presenting the story to your classes, bulletin boards that teach form, coloring pages (great for music sub plans), and more! See below for what the entire pack$24.50$30.75Save $6.25
Looking for a differentiated and exciting way to practice reading rhythms and studying form in the Nutcracker? Use Rhythm Basketball to bounce to the beat! Obtain enough basketballs, tennis balls, non-pitched instruments, or other bouncing balls and use the provided slides to perform rhythms with some of your favorite songs! I use these fun pop play alongs to reinforce reading half note, whole note, quarter note, and eighth note notation. In addition, we are able to discuss use of measure, double bar line, and more! This is a great way to get your kids reading rhythm!
In this set you will get Rhythm Basketball self-advancing PowerPoint for the following movements in the Nutcracker:
- The Nutcracker: Overture
- The Nutcracker: March
- The Nutcracker: Trepak Russian Candy Cane Dance
In addition, you will receive detailed lesson plans for 4th and 5th grade using Georgia GPS standards, National Music Standards, and National Core Arts standards that are ready to print and use, and yet still editable for your individual teaching needs.
You will also receive rehearsal versions of each PowerPoint presentation that do not self-advance so that you may rehearse the rhythm patterns with students before performing. PowerPoints are available in editions with the form marked and not marked for your teaching needs.
NOTE: You will NOT receive the audio files (this would be illegal!), but I have directed you on where to purchase the files on iTunes and how to attach them to PowerPoint.
Want more Rhythm Basketball?
Be sure to connect with me to get access to the FREE Resource Library! Be the first to hear about new releases, product updates, and amazing deals and teaching tips!
Like this product? You will also love:
- Music Center: Don't Break the Rhythms! - Rhythm Game
- Rhythm Coloring 2A - Color by Note - Half Note, Quarter Note/Rest, Eighth Notes
- Music Center: Don't Spill the Rhythms! - Rhythm Game
Check out some of my bestsellers
- Maypole Mania!
- Patriotic Sing Along
- Pitch Hill - Teaching Solfege, Teacher's Edition
- Rhythm Basketball - Get your kids bouncing to the beat!
- Rhythm Coloring - Great for Centers and End of Class Activities
- Rhythm Race Bundle - Music Center and Rhythm Game
- Recorder BAG Bonanza!
- Science of Sound - Detailed Lesson Plans, Experiments, and Presentations
Follow me! - Stay updated on new products by clicking the green star at the top of the page!
For more ideas and fun:
Teach music. Love life.
Want to earn FREE products on TpT and make my day?
I love hearing how products help you in the classroom! Don't forget to leave feedback on items you've purchased - you earn 1 TpT credit for every dollar spent on TpT. These really add up!!
Should you have any questions, concerns, or requests, please contact me before leaving feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. I want to ensure you have a wonderful experience with my products and my store!