Rhythm Chairs Bundle - Rhythm Games - Music Games
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
The Rhythm Chairs Game Bundle is a physically active and engaging way to teach students beat versus rhythm in the elementary or middle school music classroom. Students sit in the chairs to show how many sounds are on each beat, with each chair representing one beat. With all six sets of Rhythm Chairs Games, students will see and feel the difference between beat and rhythm. Most importantly, they'll have fun doing it!
⚠️ Available in Google Slides & PowerPoint ⚠️
➡️ Slideshow must be in presentation mode for the audio to work
►MAIN CONTENT (PPT & Google Slides Link)
- Easy-to-navigate clickable menu
- Game explanation & rules
- Instructions for a two-team game
- Instructions for a collaborative game
- Game slides with interactive with audio
- Bonus round with audio
- Directions with link to blog post
►RHYTHMS INCLUDED IN EACH SET:
- LEVEL ONE: quarter note and barred eighth notes
- LEVEL TWO: quarter note, barred eighth notes, and quarter rest
- LEVEL THREE: quarter note, barred eighth notes, and half note
- LEVEL FOUR: quarter note, barred eighth notes, and barred sixteenth notes
- 6/8 METER: quarter note, eighth note, and dotted quarter notes
- Terms include: simple and compound meter with brief explanation of each
- CHANGING METERS: meters include 2/4, 3/4, and 4/4 with brief explanation of each
►IDEAS FOR USE
- No chairs in your classroom? No problem! Use sit-spots, carpet squares, hula hoops, or even taped-off squares will work!
- Play collaboratively and keep score to create a competition among grade levels using a sports-themed bracket system.
- If a student isn't able to play the physical parts of the game, have them be the referee to keep score and play the audio at the end of each turn.
- Change it up by asking students to clap the rhythm or play it on a rhythm instrument.
- Use the games as a review for older grades at the beginning of the year.
RELATED PRODUCTS YOU'LL LOVE
⭐ Rhythm Chairs Bundle
⭐ Rhythm Chairs Level One: quarter and eighth notes
⭐ Rhythm Chairs Level Two: quarter rest
⭐ Rhythm Chairs Level Three: half note
⭐ Rhythm Chairs Level Four: barred sixteenth notes
⭐ Rhythm Chairs 6/8
⭐ Rhythm Chairs Game: changing meters
⭐ Rhythm Chairs Printable Manipulatives
Copyright (c) 2014 Jennifer Hibbard | The Yellow Brick Road.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.