Also included in
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 4-game bundle for SMART NOTEBOOK will introduce and review treble clef pitches, BASS CLEF PITCHES (NEW!), rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundle, you save 20%! If you don't have the program Smart Note$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 5-game bundle for SMART NOTEBOOK will introduce treble clef pitches with a boomwhacker mystery, review treble clef pitches, bass clef pitches, rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundle, you save 20%!Clic$20.00$25.00Save $5.00
- This 6-game bundle for POWERPOINT and SMART NOTEBOOK will assess students' knowledge of different concepts in music.Case 1 - treble clef pitchesCase 2 - instruments of the orchestraCase 3 - rhythmsCase 4 - bass clef pitchesCase 5 - treble clef pitch reading with boomwhackersCase 6 - treble clef pitc$24.00$30.00Save $6.00
- “Rhythm Mega Bundle #1” is a group of 8 resources, including SMART Notebook games, assessments, and bell ringers. I have also included two bonus items for you, listed below. Grab this bundle to save a bundle of cash! (Please make sure you have the program "SMART Notebook" on your computer before pur$20.30$29.00Save $8.70
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 3-game bundle for SMART Notebook and PowerPoint will introduce and review treble clef pitches, rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundle, you save over 20%! With this one download, you will receive the P$12.00$15.00Save $3.00
“The Case of the Rhythm Pirates' Treasure” is a Smart Notebook game that helps students review the rhythms with a fun mystery. It’s especially fun because of its pirate theme. The following rhythms are covered in this game: whole note, dotted half note, half note, quarter note, eighth note, and sixteenth note. Students have to solve clues to make their way through four levels: L1 - matching the symbol to its name; L2 - reviewing the symbols' names and matching them to how many beats they each have; (PPT Version does not have L3) L3 - matching a recorded rhythm pattern to the written pattern; L4 - adding the values of different rhythms in a "music math" game. These levels should be done in order but can be used separately throughout the year.
This resource includes two files of this game, one for PowerPoint and one for SMART Notebook.
The story for this game keeps the students engrossed in learning. In the game, they meet a music detective who is given the task of finding a rhythm pirate ship's treasure. They follow a treasure map, enter a castle, maneuver through tunnels, and show off their rhythm skills to a ship captain. When they have completed the four levels, they win a reward for finding the treasure and give it to a museum.
This game takes 30-60 minutes depending on your students' age and level of skill, and how long you spend on review. (I included a page for review). This lesson would be most appropriate and enjoyable for advanced 2nd graders up to 6th grade.
You may also like:
Connect with Meg’s Music Room!
TpT - Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red “Follow Me” button next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales! Meg's Music Room Store
Blog - stay tuned! It will be found at megsmusicroom.com soon!
Facebook - Meg's Music Room Facebook Page
Copyright © Megan Heikkila. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements in this product are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use only.