Also included in
- Do you need FUN and EFFECTIVE online activities to build and assess rhythm reading? These sequential rhythm dictation music games are the perfect solution for distance learning and in the music classroom. Boom Cards provide instant checking and reinforcement as students listen and build musical patt$15.95$20.75Save $4.80
Do you need a FUN and EFFECTIVE online activity to build and assess rhythm reading? This rhythm dictation music game is the perfect solution for distance learning and in the music classroom. Boom Cards provide instant checking and reinforcement as students listen and build musical patterns, all in a game atmosphere.
**Click “Play" on the video preview above to see this set of Music Literacy Boom Cards in action. (Make sure your sound is on.)
**CLICK HERE to sample Music Literacy Games on Boom Learning. Be sure to scroll down to see all the choices.
Music Elements Included in this Helpful Resource
- Quarter note
- Quarter rest
- Eighth notes
- Rhythmic Dictation Primer - Quarter note/rest (FREE)
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 1-A | Quarter note/eighth notes
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 1-B | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 2 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, half note
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 3 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, sixteenth notes
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 4 | Quarter note, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, eighth/2 sixteenth
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 5 | Quarter note, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, 2 sixteenth/eighth
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 6 | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, syncopation
See each set in action in this YouTube Playlist.
Using NO-PREP Boom Cards
- Cards may be used as centers, for practice, or assessment.
- Boom cards are compatible with most whiteboards, iPads, chrome books, or computers.
- They may also be assigned with Google Classroom™.
Differentiation is Easy with Boom Cards
- Assign the level at which each student is ready.
- Students may repeat a level as many times as necessary.
- They may work at their own pace, advancing when they have mastered each level.
- Students are motivated to earn incentives and they progress.
- Melodic Dictation Set 1 - So, Mi (FREE)
- Melodic Dictation Set 2 - So, La, Mi
- Melodic Dictation Set 3 - Do, Re, Mi
- Melodic Dictation Set 4 - Do, Re, Mi + So
- Melodic Dictation Set 5 - Do, Mi, So
- Melodic Dictation Set 6 - Do, Mi, So + La
- Melodic Dictation Set 7 - Do, Re, Mi, So, La
Click to preview all 7 sets in this fun Melody Builder Dictation BUNDLE.
- Set 1 - Treble Clef Spaces | BASIC (FREE)
- Set 2 - Treble Clef Lines | BASIC
- Set 3 - Treble Clef Lines & Spaces | BASIC
- Set 4 - Treble Clef Spaces | EXTENDED
- Set 5 - Treble Clef Lines | EXTENDED
- Set 6 - Treble Clef Lines & Spaces EXTENDED
Click to preview all 6 sets in this engaging Treble Clef Note Name BUNDLE.
- Teachers must create a FREE Boom Learning account to use Boom cards with your students. Fast play mode may be used with a FREE account.
- Boom Cards are an online product. You must have online access to use this resource.
- This download contains a PRIVATE LINK for you to access purchased games.
**Due to large class sizes, I recommend the FREE account for music teachers. You can always upgrade later if you wish.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards.
You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
If you are new to Boom Cards and need more information about getting started, click on the links below. I promise, it is not hard and you are going to LOVE them! My mom even plays my dictation sets to help her with sight reading in the church choir.
- Blog Post | Getting Started with Boom Task Cards in Elementary Music
- Blog Post | Ways to Use Boom Task Cards in Music Classes
If you are looking for music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, don't miss the activity bundles below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE – Do, Re, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, + So
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.