Also included in
- This is a bundle of all my current kindergarten and first grade materials available for elementary music. It includes mostly games (some are included in both PowerPoint and SMART Notebook), plus voice warm-ups, printable assessments, Christmas and patriotic song choreography (Christmas Choreo is my$75.00$113.25Save $38.25
- This is bundle #2 of many of my most popular Smart Notebook resources, including "Case of the Lost Orchestra" (part of my best-selling series "Music Detective"), Beethoven Trivia (#3 all-time best seller!), as well as Rhythm Ice Cream Truck and "NAME THAT INSTRUMENT (great for subs!". Included are$45.00$83.50Save $38.50
Go to Meg's Music Room Facebook Page and scroll down to see my demo video!
Notes and rests included in the game are: quarter note, quarter rest, half note, half rest, and two eighth notes.
*Please note – In Level 3 “What does the note/rest say?” – I use “ta” for quarter note, “sh or nothing” for quarter rest, “ta-di” for two eighth notes, “ta-ah” for half note, “sh-sh or nothing” for half rest. I don’t mind if you change the words to fit your style of teaching. Instructions for doing that are in the teacher notes.
Here are the instructions for the game to help you understand how it works, included with the game:
1. Divide class into four teams. Each student gets a notebook or white board.
There are three levels of play: Level 1 - note and rest names; Level 2 - note and rest values; Level 3 - what does the note or rest say? Each level has five questions, organized by flavors of ice cream.
2. From the "Navigator Page" click on the ice cream scoop that corresponds to the number question you are on. Start with Level 1 - Strawberry. Ask the question on that page. Students have about 30 seconds to answer on their own. Then they can talk in their teams and change their answers if they want to, but they don't have to. Everyone holds up their answers. The majority answer in each team is the team answer. Check the answer by clicking on the ice cream scoop.
3. At the bottom of each question page, click on the "Click to go to Ice Cream Truck" link to keep score. Each time a team gets the question correct, they earn that flavor of ice cream. Stack the ice cream cones from the bottom. When a team gets eight scoops of ice cream they win!
4. To allow you to finish all the levels, I added a "BONUS" area on the side of the "Ice Cream Truck" page. AFTER A TEAM HAS EARNED ALL THEIR SCOOPS, they can decorate their ice cream cone with caramel sauce, sprinkles and cherries.
You may also like:
Beethoven Trivia Game
Found Sound Scavenger Hunt Outdoor Activity for Music Class
Faeries and Giants Movement Activity for Music Class
ALL-YEAR Lesson Plan Template Bundle - Arkansas Elementary Music
Composer Trivia Bundle - Beethoven Mozart Williams Jeopardy Games
Music Detective Game Bundle
Rhythm Quiz 1 - Quarter Notes Paired Eighth Notes Quarter Rest Elementary Music - POWERPOINT FILE WITH ANSWER KEY AND STUDENT ANSWER SHEET. This Rhythm Quiz 1 works well as an assessment after doing “Whoo’s Got Rhythm.”
Rhythm Worksheets - Notes and Rests - Elementary Music Matching Assessment - PRINTABLE PDF DOCUMENTS
Kindergarten Music Rhythm Bell Ringers/Class starters with Note Head Game
"Whoo's Got Rhythm" - Easy Rhythm game - Quarter Note Quarter Rest 2 Eighths
Elementary Music Bell Ringers- Rhythm Dynamics Treble Clef Bass Instruments
Music Detective Case 3: Case of the Rhythm Pirates' Treasure
Rhythm Taco Stand
Wild about Rhythm - Call and Response Game
Connect with Meg’s Music Room!
TpT - Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red “Follow Me” button next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales!
Meg's Music Room Store
Blog - stay tuned! It will be found at megsmusicroom.com soon!
Facebook - Meg's Music Room Facebook Page
Copyright © Megan Heikkila. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements in this product are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use only.