The Rhythm Notation program is designed to get students writing down dictated rhythms to gain a greater understanding of music they play and hear.
- Students are given a blank answer sheet to write down their rhythms
- Each of the 50 Rhythm Notations contain five exercises of 2 or 4 bars each.
- Recorded exercises are played. Each exercise is played multiple times with space in between to complete and check their answers.
- Exercises vary and progress in difficulty. Beginner exercises start with half notes and quarter notes in 4/4 time. As the Rhythm Notations progress, rests, eighth notes, dotted notes, sixteenth notes, triplets, 3/4 and 6/8 are used.
- Rhythm Notations 36-50 include melody as well within one octave of the C Major Scale.