Time to learn and practice:
Tre-o-la (2-beat) !
This bundle combines the Parts 9-12 of Rockin’ Robin’s Rhythm Rave. These beautifully presented practice suites built in PowerPoint support the introduction, review and reinforcement of rhythmic skills. Use in totality or a select few slides at a time – you decide!
The full PowerPoint presentations (Part 9-12) include (244 slides):
• An introduction to and demonstration of each rhythm pattern (16 slides),
• Practice slides with many of the permutations/variations possible (200 slides),
• A song with audio example to show how each pattern works in real-time music.
• Each practice slide shows the pattern in a “Beat Grid” which helps students visually track and develop an intrinsic awareness of the steady beat.
• You will also have the ability to mix and match the different slides to meet the needs of your individual classes and/or time allowances.
• In addition, two blank slides (one blank and one with the beat grid) are included for you to add what is needed for your situation.
Also included in the download is a folder from which you can print the individual slides as physical flash cards which can be laminated for years of use.
Suggested uses for the flash cards:
• As “entrance tickets”. Each student is handed a card and asked perform the pattern as they enter the room. This makes for a wonderful individual pre-assessment.
• A fun post-assessment, each student chooses a random card and then joins with 2-3 friends to combine their patterns to perform for the class!
• Groups of students are given a set of flash cards and asked to “compose” a group piece based upon various musical forms: AB, ABA, Rondo, etc.
There are endless possibilities! You will get years and years of use from this flexible and comprehensive resource.
This presentation utilizes modified Kodaly rhythmic syllables. However, if you use another system (Numbers, Gordon, Takadimi, etc.) you may contact me after purchasing and I will be happy to supply you with an edited version utilizing your system of choice.