This product contains multiple formats of a comprehensible version of Ricitos de Oro (Goldilocks) and optional follow-up activities. The story is written in the past tense with high frequency vocabulary, and it specifically targets -ar preterite regular verbs. Please see the preview file for a list of vocabulary used in the reading.
- an illustrated reading booklet that can be printed and assembled for students.
- an illustrated slideshow of the reading to use as a whole-class reading
- a reading handout with limited illustrations
- 35 slides with six images from the story each to use for playing Sentence Flyswatter (a twist on traditional Matamoscas); a teacher script is also included that provides the 'key' for the game.
- a CLOZE reading that requires students to conjugate all missing -ar preterite regular verbs
- a "Who said it?" activity that exposes students to first and second person verb forms
- Suggested lesson plans
This reading was designed to follow SOMOS 2 Unit 2, "La muchacha y la ardilla". It reinforces the specific Core Vocabulary from Unit 2 and continues the focus on -ar preterite regular verbs. Click here to view Spanish II, Unit 2.
Looking for more fairy tales in Spanish? Click here to view a unit based on Los Tres Cerditos
Clipart images for this product were purchased from Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Designs. Click here to view clipart product.