The preview file will walk you (and your students!) through all the directions of game play. This is a fast-paced game is played by dividing the class into small teams who will work together to solve math computation problems involving decimal computation (addition, subtraction and multiplication) in order to earn "letters." When the group has finished solving all equations, they will be given a riddle question and are then tasked with the job of unscrambling their letters to solve the riddle.
I absolutely love this game for many reasons! Highlights:
*Kids are so engrossed in solving that there is hardly a need for behavior management or prodding kids to get to work. You'll be amazed how engaged students will be in their quest to get riddle letters.
* The small groups help take pressure off struggling students, but also provides them with opportunities to practice decimal computation.
* Fast math kids might not necessarily be the first to solve the final riddle puzzle--the letter unscrambling gives kids who are more skilled with word work & logic a chance to sparkle.
* Once you have put the time in to printing this game, you can re-use it over and over with other classes.
This Riddle Race includes:
* 8 challenging decimal equations involving addition/subtraction and multiplication
* Answer key
* Riddle question and letters
* Editable Powerpoint presentation to introduce your kids to the game
I hope you love this game as much as I do! (Note: Since this file involves a bit of printing and cutting, you will want to prepare it in advance. Plan on the game taking about 45 minutes, depending on your students' skill level.)
Thank you for supporting my store!
25 pages (8 equations, riddle letters, answer keys and powerpoint introduction)