Minimal prep small group to teach coping skills to elementary students using a fun ocean theme. Includes 8 full lessons with both virtual and in-person versions. Fun ocean theme teaches students facts about ocean creatures along with learning how to cope with feelings and experiences. Adaptable for grades 1-4.
- 8 full lesson plans using ASCA 4th Edition Template and aligned to Mindsets & Behaviors
- 8 full virtual lessons in Google Slides with some interactive slides
- Games and activities to go along with each lessons including worksheets, sorting activities, board games, role play, and more!
- 7 coping skill visuals - 2 sizes included: 8.5 x 11 and 4.25 x 5.5, each in color or black and white. Also includes virtual versions.
- Student pre and post self assessment (both hard copy and virtual in Google Forms)
- Data collection tools using the ASCA National Model
- Parent Consent Letter
- Full scope and sequence
- Group Passes
- Vibrant visuals in color or black and white
- Coping With Big Feelings
- Coping When Things are Hard
- Coping With Frustration
- Coping With Worries
- Coping With Loneliness
- Coping When Things Don’t Go Your Way
- Coping With Change
- Coping With The Unexpected
Coping skills taught in this curriculum:
- Movement breaks
- Positive self-talk
- Asking for a break
- Write about it
- Choose another activity
- Breathing exercises
Download is a compressed zip file containing:
- Full curriculum document for in-person group
- Virtual group download - includes tips for virtual groups and links to Google Slides lessons
- Separate documents for each worksheet and visual are also included to make printing even easier!
Thank you so much for your interest in this curriculum! Like this group? Check out these others by Gatewood School Counseling!
- Zoo of Skills - executive functions taught through games
- Welcome to Our Planet - new student group for both in person or virtual groups
- Find Your Voice - self advocacy and self esteem
- Superhero Training - anger group
Follow me on instagram to always get notified when I post new products! @Gatewoodschoolcounseling