Riemann Sums "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- finding Right Riemann Sums
- understanding how to approximate area using subintervals / rectangles
- summation notation for a Riemann Sum
- main ideas & vocabulary
- practice example
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Identifying Graphs of 1st and 2nd Derivatives
End Behavior of Polynomial Functions: Sorting Activities