Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.78 MB | 41 pages
Right Triangles - Geometry "B" Unit Six: Right Triangles Trig Bellwork/Exit Card/Station Questions
There are four different documents in this zip file:
The first is a set of 15 Bellwork ( sometimes called bell ringers, warm-ups, entrance tickets or class starters) questions that are presented in two different ways.
Way one: Full sized 8 1/2 by 11 size pdfs for projection. Way two: Double printed on 8 1/2 by 11 sheets of paper so that they can be handed out as half sheets of paper to students.
They can also be used as exit tickets or printed and used in stations.
Next you will find a fully typed and annotated answer key. I have typed out all of the solutions in text boxes that are easy to read and include notes/explanations when needed.
Finally you will find a weekly student answer/recording sheet if you want to save paper and have students work off of the projected image.
Since the thumbnails only give a small idea what is included, please download the preview for a good view of slides and handouts!
1. Simplifying Square Roots (Simplifying and the Product Property)
2. Simplifying Square Roots (Quotient Property and Rationalizing the Denominator)
3. The Pythagorean Theorem: Missing Parts - Whole Numbers
4. The Pythagorean Theorem: Missing Parts - Square Roots
5. Converse of the Pythagorean Theorem
6. Special Right Triangles: Given The "Easier" Starting Point
7. Special Right Triangles: Given "Challenging" Starting Point
8. Trigonometry: Writing Trigonometric Ratios
9. Trigonometry: Solving Ratios for the Missing Side or Angle
10. Angle of Elevation
11. Angle of Depression
12. Law of Sines: Solving for the Missing Side or Angle
13. Law of Sines: Solving the Triangle
14. Mixed Right Triangle Concepts (Unit Review 1)
15. Mixed Right Triangle Concepts (Unit Review 2)
My students walk in and start working on these immediately while I am taking attendance and walking around to check in homework. It is a great way to get them started and to minimize the wasted time at the start of class.
We go over the answers once they are finished. From start to finish it takes about 10 minutes depending on how much discussion time you wish to take.
I have found it to be incredibly helpful as way for my students to review concepts from prior units and the prior day. Since I have them all done for the entire unit ahead of time I am ready to go and save a GREAT deal of time!
This product is included in a larger semester long bundle available at: Geometry B Bellwork/Exit Cards/Station Cards Bundle Geometry Bellwork Exit Cards Station Cards Bundle.
Please check out my other right triangle resources:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺