Rights, Rules, and Responsibilities
When beginning to study Rights, Rules, and Responsibilities, the first skill that a student must master is the difference between a right, a rule, and a responsibility and it’s a hard thing to do! I’ve created this resource to help your students get them straight – once and for all!
This unit is designed to give you, the teacher, many options and resources to use as your students work on this unit.
Included in this packet are:
• 7 pages of Tips & Tricks (for teachers) including a list of books that are perfect for read alouds
• 8 mini posters with one word per page along with it’s definition- perfect for your bulletin board. (the vocabulary words are: rights, rules, responsibilities, law, community, citizen, consequences, classroom rule)
• 4 vocabulary card sheets to help students study the words and one blank one
• 4 cover options if you want to put pages together into a learning booklet (horizontal and vertical included)
• 8 vocabulary four-square pages and one blank one
• 11 worksheets of questions & writing responses
• 3 compare and contrast chart pages and one blank one
• 1 mini anchor chart for classroom rules
• 1 mini anchor chart for classroom rights
• 1 mini anchor chart for classroom responsibilities
• 4 “I Have Rights and Responsibilities” pages
• 3 three square chart pages to help compare and contrast rights, rules, and responsibilities and one blank one
• 3 Venn Diagrams and one blank one
• 1 flip book
• 6 K-W-L charts (3 with lines and 3 without lines) and 2 blank ones
• Mini Task Card Set that includes:
10 task cards
3 challenge cards
1 direction card
1 student answer sheet
1 teacher answer key
Take a look at the detailed preview above!
Be sure to click on the green star at the top of the page and be the first to know when new products are released, sales are taking places, and more FREEBIES are available!
Don't forget to leave feedback! You’ll get TpT credits!
Do you also teach about Urban, Suburban, and Rural Communities?
If so, take a look at this great resource:
Need a Map Skills Center? Take a look at this Map or Globe Search & Find Task Cards
Do your students need help with Two-Step Word Problems??
Check out this full unit- 60 problems!
© 2015 Jo-Ellen Foody. All Rights Reserved.