Also included in
- This Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Unit Bundle for AP® Government classes provides lessons, resources, and assessments for up to a 3-week unit on civil rights and civil liberties. The bundle includes warm-ups, notes, interactive activities, several links to video clips, Supreme Court summaries, a$38.00$47.25Save $9.25
- This AP Government Course includes ALL of my AP® U.S. Government and Politics course products at 15% off!! The bundle is organized by unit and includes warm-ups, lectures, activities, review games, vocabulary quizzes, tests, and more! The resources in this bundle have been updated to reflect the red$295.00$347.50Save $52.50
This stations lessons is a great way to teach your students about the key amendments, Supreme Court case precedents, and controversial questions related to the rights of the accused. The product includes a warm-up that allows students to break down the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th amendments (our key "rights of the accused" amendments). Students will then form groups and travel to 5 different stations during class. The stations themes include:
- 1. 4th Amendment Rights- Search and Seizure
- 2. 5th and 6th Amendment Rights- Miranda and Gideon
- 3. The Capital Punishment Debate- Evaluate the arguments on both sides
- 4. Capital Punishment Precedents (8th Amendment)
- 5. Students and the Rights of the Accused
These stations all include ready-to-go handouts, case summaries, and critical thinking questions. Students will discuss with their peers and learn about key cases/precedents. I have also included teacher directions and a key terms sheet if you want to review some key terms relating to the rights of the accused beforehand. Please note: The elements of this product are in PDF format. All you have to do is print and you're ready to go! This lesson is designed to be taught during a block period, but can easily be modified for 1-2 traditional class periods.
This product is also available in my Civil Liberties and Civil Rights Unit BUNDLE for AP® U.S. Government at 20% off.
Check out these other great U.S. Government resources available in my store:
Earn credits for your valuable feedback!
After you purchase a product, return to your “My Purchases” page and provide feedback on this product. You’ll earn credits, which will give you discounts on your future TPT purchases. Your positive feedback is always appreciated!
Visit my store and click on the green star to follow me and receive product updates: Holly's Social Studies Store.
You can also follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.
AP® is a trademark registered by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.