This is the 2nd pack
of the very popular Rigor Work for Early Finishers - 2nd Grade
RIGOROUS AND COMMON CORE ALIGNED
74 pages of original second grade Math and English Language Arts activities perfectly aligned to Common Core standards! Each page was carefully crafted with the second grader in mind. Modalities vary so students stay highly engaged. With this, students will have rigorous work to do once they have completed assignments!
VARIETY OF USES FOR DIFFERENTIATION
This pack could be used in a variety of ways - class-wide, individual, homework, assessment, guided reading or math groups, or intervention. You may choose to utilize this product as a packet or use each page on its own. If you packet this product, it would serve as meaningful work for students to complete when they are finished and are waiting for the rest of the class to do so.
SECOND GRADE COMMON CORE STANDARDS ADDRESSED
2.L.1.A. Use collective nouns.
2.L.1.B Form and use frequently occurring irregular plural nouns.
2.L.2 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.
2.L.2.D Generalize learned spelling patterns when writing words.
2.L.4.DA – Use knowledge of the meaning of individual words with compound words
2.R.F.S.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
2.R.F.S.3.A Distinguish long and short vowels
2.R.F.S.3.B Know spelling-sound correspondences for common vowel teams.
2.R.F.S.3.C Decode regularly spelled 2-syllable words with long vowels.
2.L.5.A Identify real-live connections between words and their use.
2.W.2. Write informative/explanatory texts
2.W.3 Write narratives
2.O.A.1.A Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve one and two-step word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
2.O.A.2.B Fluently add and subtract within 20 using mental strategies.
2.O.A.3.C Determine whether a group of objects (up to 20) has an odd or even number of members.
2.N.B.T.1.A Understand that the three digits of a 2-digit number represent amounts of 100s, 10s and 1s.
2.N.B.T.4.A Compare 2 three digit numbers based on the meaning of 100s, 10s and 1s.
2.N.B.T.5.B Fluently add and subtract within 100.
2.N.B.T.8.B Mentally add 10 or 100 to a given number.
2.M.D.2.A Measure the length of an object using units.
2.M.D.4.A Measure to determine how much longer one object is than another.
2.M.D.5.B Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve word problems.
2.M.D.7.C Tell and write time from analog and digital clocks to the nearest 5 minutes.
2.M.D.8.C Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies.
2.G.2.A Partition a rectangle into rows and columns of same size squares.
2.G.3.A Partition circles and rectangles into two, three, and four equal shares, describe the shares using the words halves, thirds, fourths, and quarters, and use the phrases half of, fourth of, third of, and quarter of. Describe the whole as two halves, three thirds, four fourths.
THIS PRODUCT HAS MULTIPLE USES
1. Intervention- For students who need that extra boost, this would be a great opportunity to teach and practice many math and literacy skills. This is a wonderful way to build confidence with students.
2. Early Finishers – You could use this product as a packet for children to work on independently until everyone is done. Rigor Work for Early Finishers contains meaningful, rigorous, engaging activities that assure students are working on important skills needed in second grade instead of busy work.
3. Homework or Independent Work During Literacy Centers, Daily Five, or Math Centers – Once a skill is taught, students should be able to do these sheets independently with little or no instruction.
4. Guided Reading or Focus Groups – These activities are perfect for teaching or re-teaching a specific skill in a small group setting.
5. Guided Math – Especially if you have limited time, these activities are perfect for guided math groups. You can focus on a strategy, such as using objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
Other Rigor Work Products:
Rigor Work for Early Finishers #1 2nd Grade
Rigor Work for Early Finishers #1 1st Grade
Rigor Work for Early Finishers #2 1st Grade
Rigor Work for Early Finishers #3 1st Grade
As always, please ask questions before purchasing. Thank you so much!
Key words: early finishers, I'm done, common core, ELA, operations and algebraic thinking, numbers in base ten, measurement and data, geometry, reading, spelling, phonics, second grade, homework, 2nd grade, fast finishers, independent work
Copyright© 2015 Cecelia Magro
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.