This product includes five periods and 21 pages worth of scholar work that reviews fractions, area, and perimeter. The specific objectives are:
1) SWBAT demonstrate understanding of fractional concepts
2) SWBAT demonstrate understanding of fractional equivalence
3) SWBAT construct rectangles when given the area and find perimeter AND construct rectangles when given the perimeter and then find area
4) SWBAT solve word problems involving area and perimeter
5) SWBAT find the area and/or perimeter of composite rectilinear shapes
Each lesson is Common Core aligned and will ensure your scholars are cognitively pushed to utilize their conceptual understanding and grit.
The lesson format is aligned to a 5E model:
1) Engage--test background knowledge and get kids thinking about today's skill/concept
2) Explore--a rigorous exploration of the days' skill/concept
3) Explain--after the explore you have an in-depth discussion where several scholars share their strategies for solving and what they took away from the exercise
4) Elaborate--kick it up a notch by upping the rigor and pushing scholars to practice the skill/concept in a new way
5) Evaluate--assess your scholars' mastery of the day's objective
I hope you enjoy the product and that it pushes your scholars.
*I will be uploading more products in the coming weeks and might write a teacher's plan for this product that I will provide to anyone who already purchased this product.