Rikki Tikki Tavi by Rudyard Kipling Activity Bundle
This is a very comprehensive bundle with 40 pages of instructional resources and activities related to the short story, Rikki Tikki Tavi by Rudyard Kipling. I have broken the story into two parts and I have created instructional materials for both parts of the short story. This unit was designed to give the teacher choice. I don’t expect that you will be able to use everything. These include,
1) Answering Questions with a Quote activity (open book quiz)
This is a complex activity which challenges students to not only answers the question, but to also support their answers with at least one quote or dialogue from the characters in the story. My students found this challenging, but very interesting! It makes them delve more deeply into the plot and conflicts of the story. This can be used either as a reading activity or as an open book test or quiz at the end of the story. There are 14 Answering with a Quote questions and answer sheets are also included.
2) Two separate scavenger hunts for information activities: There are a total of 50 active reading scavenger hunt questions where students actively hunt for information while they read. These scavenger hunts are meant to enhance enjoyment and check for understanding. They are always a hit with my high school kids. Answer sheets are included.
3) A Comprehensive set of guide questions and Quotes activity
a) Students answer questions and analyze the significance of important quotes from each of these scenes in the play. Answer keys are included.
4) A Word Detective/Word Attack vocabulary activities.
In these activities, students act as vocabulary detectives using their word attack skills to determine the meaning, of new words in context using actual dialogues and narration from the story. They are also asked to provide synonyms and identify parts of speech. There are also questions related to figurative language and word variation. Answer sheets are again included.
5) A comprehensive crossword puzzle related to characters, events, vocabulary, and figurative language of the story.
6) An Elements of a Short Story Graphic Organizer: An active reading graphic organizer that helps your students identify and chart the literary elements in the novel as they read.
7) A Figurative Language Study Guide
This is worksheet and workshop which introduces the figurative language in the short story. It focuses on the six most common kinds of figurative language used by the author; simile, metaphor, personification, hyperbole, synecdoche and allusion and also touches on a very important literary device, foreshadowing.
8) A Figurative Language Active Reading Graphic Organizer: This worksheet can also be used as a quiz and has 20 passages and quotes from the story containing all of these different types of figurative language with accompanying answer sheets.
9) A lesson plan and ideas for follow-up projects and activities.
Again I don’t think that you will find a more comprehensive and fun bundle on the Web. There are over 50 pages of activities. Also I will be adding things as the year progresses. Get it now at this price!
You can also access my store at