Rise of Columbia is a control-point strategy board game that chronicles the history of the U.S. from the arrival of the First Peoples to the dawn of 20th century. To win, players must navigate the course of American History while learning about the events, people, and places that helped our nation to prosper and grow.
This first core set covers the period of Native American arrival, European Exploration, and colonization
- Fun, cooperative gameplay
- Easy to learn, but tough to master
- Can be assembled by students and requires very few supplies not included (dice and counters mostly)
- Play-tested in 8th grade U.S. History, but also used in 5th, 7th, and 10th grade classroom.
- Can take 45 minutes or up to two hours.
- Promotes strategic thinking, collaboration, and communication, important 21st century competencies.
- Easy to print and play. Requires only simple assembly and can be printed from any kind of printer.
- Beautifully designed cards that chronicle the people, places, and events that defined our nations history.
- Control-point strategy with multiple ways of winning allows for every game to be a different experience.
- Game is designed for between 2 and 4 players and can take anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours depending on game length you choose.
- Support through email for a full year after you purchase the game so that you and your students don’t have to figure out how to play it by yourself!