Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
My Rise of Totalitarian Rulers Bundle covers the Hitler, Mussolini, and Stalin Era. You will have access to my Google Drive Link, and all the videos will be included for PPT’s/Keynotes.
Included in this bundle:
- Chapter Preview Sheets
- Gift Assignment
- Great Depression PPT
- Rise of the 3 Dictators PPT / Google Slideshow included
- Writing Assignment
- Rise of Fascism
- Roots of Evil
- Totalitarian Assignment
- Crash Course Video Guide
- Test and Quizzes
- Reading and Writing Bundle
- Bibliography PPT
- DBQ resources
- Close Reading sheet
- How to outline
- Mission statement
- Chapter Preview
- Guest Speaker Questions
- MLA/ MEMO
- Read Around sheet
- Paragraph Sheet
- How to write a book review
- Paragraph prompts for World History
"Wow! This one is great, this is by far one of my favorite units to teach and the material is perfect to reach the needs of all learners!"
- 2 different versions of PPT/Keynotes
- All the videos will be included for PPT's/ Keynotes
- Email support for any questions you may have
- 22 years of experience in the classroom and I still teach currently
** EMAIL ME FOR THE GOOGLE DRIVE LINK ** for the Fascism in Color Part I video for this bundle.
If you are interested inTHE SECOND SEMESTER OF WORLD HISTORY this includes everything and more.
The Rise of Totalitarian dictators sets the stage for the rest of the year, in my opinion. I really enjoy teaching this, not for the content, but because the students know very little about this very interesting period of time.
- 1. Chapter Preview Sheets: I do these with every chapter to allow the students to at least see what we are going to be studying before the unit begins. I have included 2 different versions of the Chapter Preview sheet.
- 2: Great Depression PPT Begin by teaching the Great Depression/1920's and the Rise of Fascism and what it is so the students are really clear. I have also included a student fill in the document that goes with the teaching. I have made the teaching both in PPT/ and Keynote so that it is accessible for all. There is a google slideshow included with this bundle to make it more interactive.
- 2A. The rise of the 3 Dictators Teaching the rise of the 3 dictators. Mussolini, Stalin, and Hitler. There is a fill in the document that goes with the teaching. I have made the teaching both in PPT/ and Keynote.
- 3. Writing Assignment I use the 4th day to launch the writing assignment. The writing assignment asks the students to compare 2 of the dictators and contrast 2 of the dictators. I use the paragraph sheet that I have included below.
- 4. Reading and Writing BUNDLE: This is a great BUNDLE that will be extremely helpful in the writing process for the RISE of TOTALITARIANISM.
- 5. Totalitarian HW Assignment (1 / 2 paragraph versions)
If for some reason you are feeling that the students need some more work to do and that they are not getting it after doing all of the above I have made an additional HW assignment that is 4 pages in length and does a really good job of making sure they know who is who before going into WWII.
This makes writing so much easier when you have a proper template to have them write to.
After I have taught it and launched my writing assignment we will watch 2 videos in class. I have the students take notes on both of them to make sure they getting information for their paragraphs and not just zoning out.
- VIDEO #1: Fascism in Color video I have the students watch this in its entirety as it does the best job of showing and explaining Mussolini's career and life. If you need the second clip please email me as I do have it and can send it to you.
-VIDEO #2. Roots of Evil Video Another great video, The Roots of Evil, that allows the students to have more information for their 2 paragraphs. I have the students take notes on this one as well.
THE ROOTS OF EVIL
The last bonus that I will include is a bunch of fun facts about Hitler and his regime. I will also include a reading on Stalin vs. Hitler.
This is just a fun video
- 6. Crash Course Videos A great guide to go with the Crash Course episode. It is a 6-page handout that really does help the students stay accountable while watching it.
Here is what is included in this 6 page download:
1. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the: My 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section: I have chosen 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. I also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students / with answers: There is a 10 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. I think in class would be better.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz: I decided to add this to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
**Also, I highly recommend having the students watch this on .5 speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the youtube video you can adjust the speed.
7. Additional Resources – I have included some of my favorite lessons from Stanford University as well as some other goodies.
- 8. Gift Assignment This is a great way for students to completely understand the decade.
- 9. Test and Quizzes All the tests and quizzes that go with this unit are included.
10. Fascism in Color – This is the one segment that is not on youtube so I figured I would include it as it is that good. Unfortunately, I could not fit it into the download so please email me for the link on google drive.
11. Paragraph Prompts – These some good ideas to have your students write about during the course of the year. They are apart of my free download that is in my store.
Make sure to check out my blog: Social Studies MegaStore Blog