River and Pond Life: River and Pond Life preschool homeschool thematic unit. This week is full of freshwater animals, pond-themed math and language activities, a pond-themed craft, activities and more! This is week 20 of our 30 week age four curriculum. We continue working through our word families, skip counting and practicing beginning addition through our ordered math sequence this year and adding more pages to our social studies and science journal!
Please note: We provide both color and b/w versions of our activities.
This is week 20 of 30 weekly units in our age 4 preschool curriculum program. Check out the complete year here!
111 pages (188 pages including our exclusive circle time, songs and classroom decor BONUSES). Highly engaging, super fun and very organized program to delight both teacher and student alike and lead to a successful week studying river and pond life!
*Looking for a whole year's curriculum with twelve countries, nine earth environments and nine community centers? Check out the 30-week bundle here! *
Covers all academic areas in a three school time blocks per day and three days/week routine that easily stretches to five days depending on the amount of material you cover each day:
* Weekly Lesson plan
* Wake Up! Warm Up! Daily quick drills on alphabet, focusing on ending sound N and UT and ET word families
* Letter Domino Game (Beginning Sounds V, W)
* _UT and _ET Word Cards, Word Building Activities
* Swans on Parade (ABC Order Activity)
* Wetland Animal Match (Beginning Sounds Practice)
* 16 River and Pond Themed Vocabulary Cards
* River and Pond book list
* "Legend of the Lost Words" story & Word Family Reunion Treasure Map
* Wake Up! Warm Up! Daily quick drills on counting 1-70, skip counting by fives and beginning addition
* Math Counting Visual Aid
* 0-10 Number Touch Point Cards (Large and Small options)
* Pond Skip Counting Picture Puzzle
* Lodge Lumber Skip Count
* Addition at the Pond
SOCIAL STUDIES / ART / SCIENCE
* My First Travel Notebook "Exploring Our Earth" page inserts
* Where in the World is River Life Map
* Build an Pond Scene
* Frog Life Cycle & with Teaching Script
* Paper Plate Duck Craft with Templates
* Jump the River Game
* Lily Pad Leap Game
* River & Pond Action Cards
CIRCLE TIME BOARD PIECES
* How's the Weather
* Days of the Week
* Five Green & Speckled Frogs Song Poster
* BONUS 11 Additional Song and Rhyme Posters
BONUS CLASSROOM DECOR
* River and Pond Bulletin Board Header and matching vocab picture cards
* Exploring Our Earth Decorative Elements
* Weekly Center Bin Labels
* Storage Bin Labels
* Bonus Song and Rhyme Posters
Instructions, overviews and more.
This unit is part of a 30 weeks of units in the Home CEO Age 4 Preschool Homeschool Curriculum. Click here to buy the bundle and save!
Want some freebies for your classroom? Sign up for our newsletter here and receive two free preschool units plus our popular UPPERCASE letter crafts!
Be sure to follow Home CEO Homeschool Preschool on Facebook for exclusive FREEBIES and product notices (50% off for the first 48 hours)!
ALL PROFITS TO CHARITY
100% of profits from our TPT store are distributed monthly to over 20 outstanding nonprofit humanitarian organizations, so thank you for your purchase! Learn more here.
We use art primarily by Whimsy Clips by Laura Strickland with secondary sources credited within each document. We also use digital paper from PrettyGraffic and Erin Bradley Designs for my title pages. I use fonts by KG Fonts and Pablo Impallari. (All links included within the document).
Copyright 2016 Home CEO Inc.