Do you need a way to target new vocabulary WHILE working on language skills? Do you want to incorporate reading into your sessions with related activities? Do you have a student that loves construction?
This packet targets multiple language skills (e.g. following directions, pronouns, prepositions, and vocabulary (nouns and verbs)) using the book ROADWORK by Sally Sutton. The different activities target specific concepts while also allowing your student to connect them beyond the classroom through critical thinking tasks and homework to help deepen your their learning.
The book is not included, and it is not needed for any of the included activities; however, these activities pair nicely with the story and reiterate the different concepts and language in the book.
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Description of Contents
- Activities targeting skills in the "Here-and-Now:"
- A Tic-tac-toe board targeting construction related verbs, in both color and black-
and-white, with board markers, also in color and black-and-white;
- 5 different BINGO boards targeting construction related nouns, in both color and
black-and-white, with board markers, also in color and black-and-white;
- 3 picture scenes related to construction, targeting pronouns, prepositions, and
following directions, both in color and black-and-white
- Activities targeting skills that are "Outside of the Box:"
- 2 drawing sheets with a heading to allow your student to integrate his/her
thoughts with the book and/or construction related ideas
- 4 homework sheets as well as a discussion sheet to send home to parents to target pronouns, prepositions, and following directions using the construction theme
- 12 different types of tally sheets to help show your student how many demands he/she must complete before earning a break, both in color and black-and-white
Remember to follow my store to stay up to date on new products!