Your students will become Cold Case detectives as they analyze evidence cards to determine what happened to the Roanoke colonists. Students will analyze each "evidence card" throughout the investigation. Afterwards, they will write about what they think happened to the colonists. As a culminating activity, students will participate in a "fishbowl discussion", where they discuss their own theories about the colony.
This document includes:
1. "Time War" Activity: serves as the "hook" of the lesson. Students will imagine that they are English colonists traveling to the new world.
2. Cold case instructions for students
3. Background reading on Roanoke
4. Evaluation charts: students will record their analysis of each evidence card.
5. 9 evidence cards
6. "What do you think" worksheet: students write about what they think happened to the colonists.
7. Fishbowl directions for teacher
8. Fishbowl instructions for students
9. Fishbowl questions
If you have any questions, e-mail me at email@example.com
***Remember to leave feedback for TPT credits to put towards future products! ***