1. Print, laminate, and cut marshmallows.
2. Keep the paper stick or glue onto a real stick for added fun!
3. Students will decide which marshmallow goes with which fire pit. Students can say the 1st syllable of the word (marshmallow) and touch it to the fire to say the last (final) syllable of the word.
4. If they get it wrong, the marshmallow gets burnt! (These can be put in the burnt pile.)
5. The player with the most marshmallow-fire pit matches wins!
Made for small reading group or intervention, but can be modified for whole group/partner work!