Students answer the following essential question: Were the great industrialists "robber barons" or "captains of industry?"
Students will prosecute or defend one of the industrialists: Carnegie, Rockefeller, and Vanderbilt through research and several guiding prompts.
This assignment is ideal for student collaboration and involvement. Great for the Google Classroom! My students love being able to debate, but most importantly see both sides to the greatest industrialists! * Extremely memorable *
- Editable Student Graphic Organizer (Ideal for Google Docs)
- List of Research Websites
- Editable Rubric for Debate
- Student Debate Selection Sheet
- Student Worksheet for Presentation Notes
- Makeup/Alternative Assignment for Absent/Presentation Shy Students