From Electric English...
This is a comprehensive packet for Robert Frost, his poem "The Death of the Hired Man", and other various poetry. You might notice as you peruse my store that each of these items is listed individually, as well as, bundled. For example, the answer key for the questions is listed separate from the questions themselves.... This is not because I am greedy or want to squeeze one more dollar out of you. Had I included the rubric with the essay, I would have listed the price at a dollar higher anyway.
No, I list everything separate because as a teacher, I know, that sometimes you want some material but do not want other material. And, you should not have to pay for items you do not need. To continue with my previous example, you might just want to do the rubric yourself and save the money.... I completely understand the need to save money; what teacher doesn't :) But if you do want it all...
This packet contains about two weeks of work, give or take a day. I have, intentionally, not included lesson plans with these packets because I feel, at times, they can be stifling.... The idea here is; you can pick and choose whatever material you want; in whatever order you want (depending on the time you have); instead of, constantly feeling like you must adhere to a certain schedule. Plus, this way, you have many resources at your disposal and can mix and match from year to year depending on your mood. This packet contains the following:
- Biography: Research
- Biography: Annotation
- Essential Journal Questions Powerpoint (These accompany the information the students will learn about his life and his work.)
- Death of the Hired Man: Full Text
- Death of the Hired Man: Questions
- Death of the Hired Man: SOAPSTone Activity
- Song: "Dream On" by Aerosmith
- Poem: "Nothing Gold Can Stay" TP-CASTT Activity
- Poem: "A Boundless Moment" TP-CASTT Activity
- Poem: "Cliff Dwelling" TP-CASTT Activity
- Poem: "Fire and Ice" TP-CASTT Activity
- Poem: "A Dream Pang" TP-CASTT Activity
- Poem: "The Road Not Taken" TP-CASTT Activity
- Poem: "Neither Out Far, Nor in Deep" Analysis Questions
- Poem: "Neither Out Far, Nor in Deep" Analysis Questions Key
- Poem: "Once by the Pacific" Analysis Questions
- Poem: "Once by the Pacific" Analysis Questions Key
Please contact me with any questions or observations you might have :)