The Lesson Lady presents Robert Indiana 3-D Letter Sculpture Lesson! Students will create a three dimensional letter sculpture from a 2-D drawing in the style of Robert Indiana.
Plenty of materials are included to help your students learn about Pop Art and the work of Robert Indiana while they complete this exciting project!
The following are included in this fun lesson:
1. Thorough lesson plan with step by step project directions that are both written and illustrated. Front page of lesson plan also includes a photo of an example.
2. A page of examples of artwork by Robert Indiana.
3. A Venn diagram in which students can compare Indiana's artwork to his inspiration, road signs.
4. Answer key suggestions for the Venn diagram.
5. Pop Art explanation with then and now comparison worksheet.
This lesson is easy to create and uses affordable materials such as white paper, cardboard, scissors, hot glue or masking tape, paper mache mix and acrylic paint. From start to finish this lesson takes about 8-9 one hour periods.
I have always found this lesson highly successful with my students and have found it very engaging in my classroom. I hope you enjoy it!
Please contact me with any questions you have about this product. If you enjoy this lesson, please view my other art lessons such as my Day of the Dead Skull Art Lesson.