Roberto Clemente Language Arts BUNDLE
Please see the preview.
This biography account follows the life of Roberto Clemente as he moves from Puerto Rico to become the Pride of the Pittsburgh Pirates. It is part of Journeys Grade 3, Unit 1, Lesson 5.
Writing about Roberto Clemente
1. Idiom – “Hit It Out of the Park” - persuasive
2. Idiom – “Swing and a Miss” - humorous fiction
3. Idiom – “Out of Left Field” – personal narrative
5. Nonfiction text features organizer (for use with advanced biographies)
6. Compare/Contrast settings
7. Cause and Effect
8. Character Analysis – Roberto
9. Figurative language in story
10. Essays – 2 from Harcourt
Vocabulary Foldables Included
1. All 10 words on one page
2. 5 words on a page (2 pages)
3. Vocabulary questions for optional 2-sided foldable
4. Blank version
1. Matching quiz
2. Matching quiz with prompt for Glossary page
3. Answer key with glossary pages
1. Discussion question cards (same as the foldable, but these work great as discussion starters or quick fillers)
2. Vocabulary word cards – Just the word, a picture that identifies the story and a unique colored background. These can be used for games, or mixed between stories to be sorted by part of speech, syllables, know/don’t know, alphabetical order etc.
Journey’s Vocabulary included for foldables and word wall:
1. Matching vocabulary quiz – with a glossary page prompt
2. Same Matching quiz without a page prompt
3. Short Answer – These pages expand on the multiple choice comprehension test provided by Journeys. The addition of text evidence and open questions increases rigor.
4. Short Answer - The same questions with sentence stem prompts. These are great for students who need more differentiation. This permits them to participate in the same activity with supports.
Roberto Clemente Roll Read and Graph set comes with the following:
• 2 premade versions of the dice (vocabulary or definitions)
• Blank die for your own variations
• 3 full-page size graphs (vocabulary, definition or blank) Hint: Print two to a page to save paper.
• Class suggestions and differentiation for special needs
• Over 20 higher order thinking questions with Common Core Math Procedural standards
• Directions and sample graph
• Answer key (for student or teacher reference)
Extras in the BUNDLE:
• Daily 5 cards for centers (Word Work; Listening; Writing & Buddy Read)
• Making Words Activity (great support for low readers)
• Multiple choice test with space for page proof
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Roberto Clemente BUNDLE
• Roberto Clemente Vocabulary Foldables, Matching Quizzes, and Word Wall
• Roberto Clemente Quizzes
• Roberto Clemente Roll Read Graph Word Work
• Roberto Clemente Writing
• Roberto Clemente SUPER BUNDLE
which includes all of the bundle plus the Baseball Quote Mini-Bundle:
Inspirational Baseball Quotes Bundle
• Baseball Quote – Roberto Clemente
• Baseball Quote – Babe Ruth
Many thanks to these creative talents:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mad-Clips-Factory http://www.talesfromoutsidetheclassroom.com/ http://digiscrapkits.com/digiscraps/
http://openclipart.org/; http://frompond.blogspot.com/; http://www.raggedyscrappin.com/
*Follow me* - for 50% off new product bundles for the first 48 hours.