Roberto Clemente Language Arts SUPER BUNDLE
Please see the Preview - The super bundle has all the same content as the bundle, but also includes the Baseball Quotes mini-bundle of two inspirational quotes with graphic organizers, posters and writing prompts.
This biography account follows the life of Roberto Clemente as he moves from Puerto Rico to become the Pride of the Pittsburgh Pirates. It is part of Journeys Grade 3, Unit 1, Lesson 5.
Writing about Roberto Clemente
1. Idiom – “Hit It Out of the Park” - persuasive
2. Idiom – “Swing and a Miss” - humorous fiction
3. Idiom – “Out of Left Field” – personal narrative
5. Nonfiction text features organizer (for use with advanced biographies)
6. Compare/Contrast settings
7. Cause and Effect
8. Character Analysis – Roberto
9. Figurative language in story
10. Essays – 2 from Harcourt
Vocabulary Foldables Included
1. All 10 words on one page
2. 5 words on a page (2 pages)
3. Vocabulary questions for optional 2-sided foldable
4. Blank version
1. Matching quiz
2. Matching quiz with prompt for Glossary page
3. Answer key with glossary pages
1. Discussion question cards (same as the foldable, but these work great as discussion starters or quick fillers)
2. Vocabulary word cards – Just the word, a picture that identifies the story and a unique colored background. These can be used for games, or mixed between stories to be sorted by part of speech, syllables, know/don’t know, alphabetical order etc.
Journey’s Vocabulary included for foldables and word wall:
1. Matching vocabulary quiz – with a glossary page prompt
2. Same Matching quiz without a page prompt
3. Short Answer – These pages expand on the multiple choice comprehension test provided by Journeys. The addition of text evidence and open questions increases rigor.
4. Short Answer - The same questions with sentence stem prompts. These are great for students who need more differentiation. This permits them to participate in the same activity with supports.
Baseball Quotes – Inspirational Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
Baseball is often called America’s National Pass-time. These quotes encourage positive character development through writing and use of figurative language.
• If you have a chance to accomplish something that will make things better for people coming behind you, and you don't do that, you are wasting your time on this earth.
• Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.
Each prompt includes:
• Formal poster
• Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
• Full color poster
• Prewrite graphic organizer
• Quote with writing space
• Quote with illustration space
• Extended writing prompts (how to turn a quote response into an essay response)
• Extra publishing paper
• 1. Class Discussion - Place the full page poster on chart paper and conduct a class discussion prior to writing.
• 2. Post-it Ideas - Use 3 colors of post-it notes for students interacting with the three questions found in the graphic organizer.
• 3. Large Poster - Later, I usually choose 3-4 of the post-its in each category to make a whole-class poster, including the student’s name who suggested the idea. This makes a nice centerpiece on a bulletin board for their final writing.
• 4. Writing About Character Quotes - Three levels of difficulty are included – 1. With graphic organizer and sentence frame support. 2. With graphic organizer, but without supports. 3. No supports and room to illustrate a personal connection.
• 5. Mini Posters - Print the poster size multiple times on one page. The small posters are great for interactive notebooks. Students make a web of ideas coming from the mini-poster; use it for the rough draft; or have students make their own ways to interact with the quote.
Roberto Clemente Roll Read and Graph set comes with the following:
• 2 premade versions of the dice (vocabulary or definitions)
• Blank die for your own variations
• 3 full-page size graphs (vocabulary, definition or blank) Hint: Print two to a page to save paper.
• Class suggestions and differentiation for special needs
• Over 20 higher order thinking questions with Common Core Math Procedural standards
• Directions and sample graph
• Answer key (for student or teacher reference)
Extras in the BUNDLE:
• Daily 5 cards for centers (Word Work; Listening; Writing & Buddy Read)
• Making Words Activity (great support for low readers)
• Multiple choice test with space for page proof
10/7/17 Fixed typo "Pittsburg" to "Pittsburgh"
2/1/18 I made the title display correctly when opened in PDF & changed multiple licences to half price.
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Roberto Clemente BUNDLE
• Roberto Clemente Vocabulary Foldables, Matching Quizzes, and Word Wall
• Roberto Clemente Quizzes
• Roberto Clemente Roll Read Graph Word Work
• Roberto Clemente Writing
• Roberto Clemente SUPER BUNDLE
which includes all of the bundle plus the Baseball Quote Mini-Bundle:
Inspirational Baseball Quotes Bundle
• Baseball Quote – Roberto Clemente
• Baseball Quote – Babe Ruth
Many thanks to these creative talents:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mad-Clips-Factory http://www.talesfromoutsidetheclassroom.com/ http://digiscrapkits.com/digiscraps/
http://openclipart.org/; http://frompond.blogspot.com/; http://www.raggedyscrappin.com/
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.