Robin writing and research: This unit is also part of my Spring Savings Bundle of 3.
Celebrate the coming of spring with this Common Core aligned informational unit on robins. Post the cards around the room or project them on your screen and have students read their way through each card, with the purpose of answering 5W questions, or determining the main idea of the paragraph.
- 2 sets of robin fact pages: one set of 8 half-page fact cards; one set of 4 full-page texts
- Response sheets to go with each of the 4 full page texts
- Question cards and answer recording sheet to go with the smaller fact cards
- Main idea match and find the main idea (goes with half-page cards)
- True/False sort
- Can/Have/Are and open-ended response sheet
- Writing organizers and paper
Be sure to check out the preview for an idea of what is included in this unit. Although the graphics on the cards are in color, everything prints equally well in color or black-and-white.
Looking for more spring activities?
Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring Writing
Let’s Go Fishing ~ math and language arts activities
Looking for more nonfiction units? Click HERE
to see them all!
Being a Scientist
All About Reindeer
All About Turkeys
Endangered Animals nonfiction
Animals in Winter
All About Insects
All About Spiders
All About Groundhogs
All About Frogs
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories